Director, Digital Strategy
Position Summary:The Director Digital Strategy leads studies of digital strategy for the Digital organization reporting to the AVP Experience Strategy. As part of the role, the position has one or more direct reports, and leads the team through specific assignments leading to successful conclusion.
Assignments to the team could include: development of an eCommerce Strategy, creating functional strategies (for business units across the company) as they consider how to leverage digital capability and integrate leading practices into their business model, provide a competitive assessment of RCCL or any of its brands in digital or operating performance. The role will also conduct regular increments to the Guest and Crew Experience Strategy.
- Manages a team (of one or more) of digital strategists.
- Creates a hypothesis and project plan to address a strategic question.
- Coordinates the activities of team members to lead to successful project completion.
- Leads senior executives through strategic dialog on key challenges, strategic options, and possible outcomes.
- Synthesizes team findings into presentations of strategic narratives and conclusions appropriate for all levels of the company.
- Analyses competitive data to understand RCCLs relative performance.
- Creates specific recommendation with viable approaches to achieve them.
- Leads and collaborates across multiple functional domains fluently and easily and leads difficult conversations to logical and objective conclusions with an action plan to move forward.
- Negotiates successfully to the best outcome for RCCL.
- Maintains a high level of business acumen as well as digital strategy methods, creative and structured brainstorming, agile methods, design.
- Evaluates complex political situations and pursues a path leading to the best objective outcome for RCCL.
- Trains and develops team members for skill development, career progression, and ethical decision making.
- Studies and any work to represent the Digital organization to Corporate Strategy, the annual planning process, or to the planning and program oversight for other business organizations.
- 2-5 years successful experience leading strategy and/or digital consulting firm experience at a leading consulting firm.
- 3-5+ years leading strategy development studies.
- 3-5+ years managing people (direct responsibility).
- Corporate experience particularly with strategy responsibility and/or organization transformation responsibility preferably in a leadership role.
- Able to work in the areas of corporate strategy, business and operating strategy, digital strategy.
- Complex business analysis including hypothesis-driven approaches.
- High degree of business acumen equivalent to 5-10 years of post-MBA work experience in relevant field including knowledge and expertise in one or more functional domains (sales, marketing, finance, revenue management, operations, etc.).
- 5-10 years of successful team management of high profile and the most challenging business problems.
- Teamwork and collaboration with coworkers of all levels of the organization.
- Executive presence.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Digital capabilities and business transformation as a result of digital.
- Advanced level of communication and presentation skills.