Director, Digital Program Delivery
Great vacationsbegin with great employees!
Combine yourexperience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees inMiami, Florida.
Royal CaribbeanCruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefitspackage, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering uniqueways to explore the world.
We are looking for a seasoned delivery leader who is looking for the biggest career opportunity of their life and the opportunity to work on one of the coolest transformations ever. S/he is comfortable working in a fast-paced, start-up environment where the expectations are high and scope is scaling quickly. S/he will be experienced in creating or refining processes to improve the speed and quality of execution. S/he will have an exceptional gut instinct and detail orientation that helps them and their product teams stay one step ahead and consistently deliver with excellence. S/he is just as comfortable rolling up their sleeves and working side by side with teams as they are presenting Executive program updates to C-suite executives. S/he approaches work with optimism, enthusiasm and an owner mindset that is infectious to those around them. They own the outcome and always stay focused on delivering value to the customer.
- Define and implement a best-in-class operating system/operational framework to accelerate the delivery of transformative initiatives across Digital. Successfully plan and execute the Digital portfolio and deliver the business value for each funded program.
- Portfolio/Program Management: Organize and monitor inter-connected projects across various product delivery teams (Core Application, eCommerce, Vacation Planning, Ship board experiences, etc.) to insure dependencies are exposed and scope across the E2E experience is well understood. Promote and support a collaborative culture helping multiple teams unite around a shared outcome. Measure, track and report team velocities striving for stability across the IT portfolio. In partnership with Product teams, help define delivery targets for each quarter and successfully execute on quarterly expectations.
- Project Resource Management: Insure teams are adequately staffed and manage third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects. Forecast and track team capacity and velocity.
- Project Management: Recruit, train and lead a team of skilled Program Managers and Scrum Masters to help teams mature in scrum development, be best-in-class facilitators and continuously iterate and improve our delivery of digital programs. Help teams assess risk, anticipate and mitigate potential blockers.
- Risk Management: Create mechanisms to monitor and provide visibility on the health of the overall digital portfolio. Own tracking and mitigating risk and issues across the portfolio and have process to surface, escalate and resolve.
- Process Management: Help move the organization to Scrum development. Monitor and evaluate programmatic and operational effectiveness and provide the leadership and coaching required to make ongoing improvement.
- Communications Management: Prepare program and project reports at executive to team levels and lead status meetings.
- Vendor Management: Manage delivery teams both internal and external. This includes resource planning, budgeting, overall vendor management, and deliverables management.
- Financial Management: Manage all aspects of the project financials insuring projects stay within Capex and Opex forecasts.
- Act as a steward of the company in ensuring that program/project budgets are best utilized to achieve stated scope and so that anticipated benefits are realized
- Accountable for delivery of projects or programs within budget, on schedule and of quality
- Where applicable, works with IT Finance to understand accounting rules for expense and capital activities
- Responsible for identifying optimization opportunities to manage expenses
- Assists with the preparation and administration of the budget; maintain and monitor appropriate budgetary controls;
- Requires a Bachelors degree (Masters degree preferred) in area of specialty or military equivalent
- 10+ years in a leadership role in an IT or large scale Digital initiative program delivery role
- Extensive experience leading large-scale technology/IT implementations
- Experience moving a large, technology org through an agile transformation and strong working knowledge of scaled agile framework (SAFe)
- Demonstrates extensive broad knowledge and capabilities of IT systems development
- Demonstrates leadership, facilitation, coaching, mentoring and interpersonal/group communication
- Strong people-focused, dynamic leadership style
Join our team as Director, Digital Program Delivery. Once you apply, it willtake you 10-15 mins to complete our application, which will help us betterqualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you willhear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you canview your application status on our career site.
Join us at RoyalCaribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an EqualEmployment Opportunity employer.