Director, IT Delivery Program
We are looking for a seasoned delivery leader who is looking for the biggest career opportunity of their life and the opportunity to work on one of the coolest transformations ever. S/he is comfortable working in a fast-paced, start-up environment where the expectations are high and scope is scaling quickly.
S/he will be experienced in creating or refining processes to improve the speed and quality of execution. S/he will have an exceptional gut instinct and detail orientation that helps them and their product teams stay one step ahead and consistently deliver with excellence. S/he is just as comfortable rolling up their sleeves and working side by side with teams as they are presenting Executive program updates to C-suite executives.
S/he approaches work with optimism, enthusiasm and an owner mindset that is infectious to those around them. They own the outcome and always stay focused on delivering value to the customer.
Define and implement a best-in-class operating system/operational framework to accelerate the delivery of transformative initiatives across IT and Digital. Successfully plan and execute the IT portfolio and deliver the business value for each funded program.
- Organize and monitor inter-connected projects across various product delivery teams (Core Application, shoreside systems, shipboard systems, Infrastructure, etc.) to insure dependencies are exposed and scope across the E2E experience is well understood.
- Promote and support a collaborative culture helping multiple teams unite around a shared outcome.
- Measure, track and report team velocities striving for stability across the IT portfolio.
- In partnership with Product teams, help define delivery targets for each quarter and successfully execute on quarterly expectations.
- Insure teams are adequately staffed and manage third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects. Forecast and track resource utilization to insure IT costs are within Capex and Opex forecasts.
- Recruit, train and lead a team of skilled Program Managers and Scrum Masters to help teams mature in scrum development, be best-in-class facilitators and continuously iterate and improve IT delivery. Help teams assess risk, anticipate and mitigate potential blockers.
- Risk Management: Create mechanisms to monitor and provide visibility on the health of the overall IT portfolio. Own tracking and mitigating risk and issues across the portfolio and have process to surface, escalate and resolve.
- Process Management: Help move the organization to Scrum development. Monitor and evaluate programmatic and operational effectiveness and provide the leadership and coaching required to make ongoing improvement.
- Communications Management: Prepare program and project reports at executive to team levels and lead status meetings.
- Vendor Management: Manage delivery teams both internal and external. This includes resource planning, budgeting, overall vendor management, and deliverables management.
- Financial Management: Manage all aspects of the project financials insuring projects stay within Capex and Opex forecasts.
- Accountable for timely and accurate monthly and rolling quarterly project forecasts for labor and non-labor demand
- Responsible for project estimations and appropriate reviews with IT Finance.
- Responsible for proactive management of IT Project Portfolio.
- Responsible for Operating Budget
- Acts as a steward of the company in ensuring that program/project budgets are best utilized to achieve stated scope and so that anticipated benefits are realized
- Accountable for delivery of projects or programs within budget, on schedule and of quality
- Works with IT Finance to understand accounting rules for expense and capital activities
- Accountable for IT estimation activities
- Responsible for identifying optimization opportunities to manage expenses
- Assists with the preparation and administration of the budget; maintain and monitor appropriate budgetary controls
- Requires a Bachelors degree (Masters degree preferred) in area of specialty
- 10+ years in a leadership role in an IT or large scale Digital initiative program delivery role.
- Extensive experience leading large-scale technology/IT implementations.
- Experience moving a large, technology org through an agile transformation and strong working knowledge of scaled agile framework (SAFe)
- Demonstrates extensive broad knowledge and capabilities of IT systems development
- Demonstrates leadership, facilitation, coaching, mentoring and interpersonal/group communication
- Strong people-focused, dynamic leadership style