Analyst, Sr. F&B Operations
This position works alongside the Director, Hotel Operations in providing functional expertise in supporting the companys food and beverage operations, including providing F&B analysis of all ratings, financial performance and cost containment, and being the point of contact for all groups and charters. This position also maintains all company training materials, operations manuals, the departmental intranet and other operations related programming.
Provides, reviews, and consolidates analysis from the fleet including ratings, revenue achievement and cost control. Ensures that all reporting is accurate and up to date.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as F&B liaison for all groups and charters. Acts as a shore side contact for any special F&B requests. Helps to set pricing and to create special groups and charter menus and F&B offerings.
- Provides, reviews and consolidates analysis from the fleet including ratings, revenue achievement and cost control. Ensures that all reporting is accurate and up to date.
- Creates and refines analytical data as related to fleet menu mixes, individual F&B team member performance in all areas and overall F&B growth.
- Provides operational and functional support for the companys F&B operations, including assisting in the communicating and/or publishing of training materials, operating manuals and procedures.
- Oversees and implements SQM updates.
- Is integral in implementing new restaurant and bar concepts fleet-wide.
- Maintains the content of the companys F&B Operations intranet website, including recipes, menus, forms and procedures, and other operational tools.
- Partners with departmental leaders in implementing operational improvement projects, including training, workplace safety, staffing, menu implementation and other initiatives.
- Maintains and publishes all food, beverage and special menus, ensuring the accuracy and availability of up-to-date menus to shipboard employees.
- Maintains and publishes all food and beverage related translations ensuring the accuracy and availability of up-to-date menus to shipboard employees.
- Keeps current of assigned function with regard to industry standards, trends, best practices, seasonal traditions, equipment and vessel implementation requirements or restrictions.
- Provides operational and functional support for food and beverage events and any necessary communication.
- Provides operational support for the maintenance and communication of all food and beverage group offerings and codes (AS400 & AffairWhere) to all required areas within the organization.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Assists in development, tracking and communication all injury prevention programs and initiatives related to safety and compliance onboard our ships.
The position will work with food and beverage cost budgets, analyze revenue and cost opportunities related to existing and future brand plans and products and make proposals as needed to improve the offering and/or cost effectiveness
- BS or BA in hospitality or business management or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3-5 years Food & Beverage Management and/or Hospitality experience
- Must have excellent knowledge of hotel, restaurant, and F&B products in a high quality standards operation. In depth shipboard operations knowledge preferred
- Able to travel, depending on itinerary 2-14 days or up to 20% based on projects, initiatives and demands of the business
- Budgeting and financial analysis background a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business guidelines with ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of employees. Analytical thinking a plus.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Office, or similar applications.
- Strong verbal and written skills; literacy and fluency in English
- Detail-oriented with good organizational and time management skills
- Must have ability to work in a fast paced environment to lead and/or oversee multiple projects and priorities.