Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the ship's operations/projects are not interrupted by the delivery of goods and services to operational/dry dock vessels. They serve as the logistics liaison for an assigned vessels/project, working with suppliers, buyers and shipboard personnel, identifying cost saving opportunities/efficiencies in delivery. Assists in procurement and delivery of any emergency orders generated after regular office hours.
- Liaises with assigned vessels, shipboard personnel, shoreside contacts and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of good and services to operational or dry dock vessels without interruption.
- Research outstanding issues with suppliers or internally to ensure products are shipped and/or received in a timely manner.
- Identifies cost savings and efficiencies both in procurement and delivery.
- Processes all `Request for Quotes assigned by their Supervisor / Manager in a timely manner.
- Resolves in a timely manner any invoices in dispute associated with assigned RFQs or Third Party Logistics partners.
- Executes after hours emergency purchases and arranges the deliveries keeping in mind location, time and cost to help ship/company meet the need and the bottom line
- Keep current with ongoing shipboard projects including Dry Docks to assist ship managers in assuring that all needed orders are delivered
- Obtain all necessary approvals and complete transportation request forms in a timely manner to meet the operational/project needs. Responsible for researching and resolving potential delivery problems.
- Keep current with DDR/EOV report, advising suppliers of wrong items delivered, assists with resolution of all delivery discrepancies and makes sure all credits from returns are applied.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- High school degree or equivalent required, bachelor degree or equivalent preferred.
- 2-3 yrs of experience in an administrative role.
- Basic knowledge of purchasing concepts, practices and procedures, specifically air freight/air cargo procedures, inventory, order fulfillment, distribution and international and domestic customs procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with daily demands and multiple customers.
- Negotiation and analytical skills preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.