Data Scientist - Personalization
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
We seek a talented, experienced and inquisitive Data Scientist to design and implement cutting edge solutions across a breadth of domain areas. The ideal candidate is well grounded in a mathematical, statistical and probability background, with a broad knowledge of machine learning techniques and cognitive services.
This Data Scientist will focus on guest personalization and be part of the growing Artificial Intelligence practice within Royal Caribbean. This individual will work with a multidisciplinary team of driven people to deliver end to end solutions that improve guest experience and address pain points of the business across applications such as Recommendation Engines, Collaborative Filtering, Machine Vision, Clustering, Classification, Regression, Deep Learning, and/or statistical modelling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A successful candidate will be a person who possesses a strong background or operational familiarity in statistics, mathematics, modeling (predictive, forecasting, optimization), implementing/administrating graph databases, writing graph database queries and evaluating graph database query results. The candidate should also be capable of and willing to train and mentor colleagues on the proper use of graph databases to formulate data-intensive solutions.
This individual will be responsible for analytical support, data mining, scripting / programming, mentorship and stakeholder presentation within the framework of implementing, utilizing and expanding Graph Database capabilities within the broader Data Science team.
Major responsibilities include:
- Application of multiple forms of statistical (hypothesis testing, sampling, modeling,probability, time-series) and machine learning (neural networks / deepnetworks, ensemble methods, natural language processing) methods to describe, predict and optimize desired analytical objectives from business stakeholders.
- Manipulateshigh-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlightpatterns, anomalies, relationships and trends.
- Evaluate the progress of the data science team and company at large on the acclimation of Graph Database tools and techniques. Recommend steps to improve or enforce utilization of Graph Database methods.
- Empower and enhance the capabilities of the broader data science team on the proper structure, use and querying of graph databases through training, mentoring and project assistance as needed.
- Collaborate with IT, Business and Analytics stakeholders to design and implement Graph Database frameworks into the wider company data architecture.
- Assist with research related to customer based analytical practice and develop communications for management and strategies for building institutional knowledge. Work with product and enterprise teams via both Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Foster a ‘data-driven’ culture based on pragmatism and strategic decision through rigorous factual analysis at all levels. Should be willing to engage outside the immediate team to expand datas cience footprint throughout organization.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemical Engineering or field of comparable foundations in mathematical and statistical analysis through the use of models, algorithms or programmed solutions.
- 2+ years experience with any of the following programming languages: R, Python,Java, C++, C#, Scala, SAS or similar scripting languages. Similar experience and proficiency with SQLrequired.
- 2+ years experience with graph databases, including Neo4j, OrientDB, ArangoDB,MarkLogic, AllegroGraph or any comparable graph database framework.
- Experience with data mining processes (SEMMA, CRISP-DM), data preparation, consolidation, imputation, transformation, interaction, variable reduction, modeling, maintenance, and post-mortem analysis.
- Experience with statistical methods such t-test of means, Tukey-HSD tests of means ongroups, ANOVA, Proportion tests, data normalization and scaling, univariate and multivariate outlier detection.
- Experience with modeling techniques such as linear models, decision trees, neural networks, k-nearest-neighbor, support vector machines, cluster analyses, and ensembling methods.
- Strong Oral and Written skills.
- Experiencewith Agile Software Development.
- Experience in a large corporation orconsulting firm with focus in marketing strategies, modeling, CRM andmanagement sciences/statistics highly desired.
- Experience with Deep Learning tools and packages such as TensorFlow, Keras, H2O, and Theano.
- Experience with cloud computing frameworks or API’s such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon WebServices.
- Experience in a large corporation or consulting firm practicing marketing strategies, modeling, CRM and management sciences/statistics is; highly desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
Our ideal candidate -
- Must have a strong background in one or more of the following: Mathematics, Statistics, Probability, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems,Pattern Recognition, Large Scale Data Mining or Artificial Intelligence.
- Has expertise in modeling, customer segmentation, analytical reporting, survey analysis, key driver analysis and dashboards.
- Demonstrates a strong capacity for learning and assimilating new techniques, tools and methods.
- Comfortable with preparing or collaborating on presentation decks as well as delivering final stakeholder presentations as primary or supporting presenter.
- Has knowledge and can quickly ramp-up and leverage cloud-based cognitive service APIs such as Microsoft Azure, AWS and/orIBM Watson.
- Is passionate about your work, but willing to support several projects at one time and can accept reprioritization as necessary.
- Comfortable delivering within an agile program.
Join our team as Data Scientist - Personlization. Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 mins to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.