The Beverage Services team works hard to achieve the highest level of guest satisfaction in terms of beverage presentation and service execution. Composed of Bar Servers and Bar Utilities, members of the Beverage Services department are in charge of suggesting, serving, and selling beverages to guests in bars and lounges around the ship, and during special shipboard events; assisting bartenders by ensuring that assigned areas have an adequate supply of beverages, glassware, ice, and garnishes; handling cleaning tasks; and performing other tasks as needed. Previous beverage service and utility experience, preferably in a four- or five-star restaurant, lounge, hotel, or cruise ship, are required for this department.
- Successfully completed the Introductory Sommelier Course of the Court of Master Sommeliers American or UK Charter,United States Sommelier Association or worldwide recognized wine institution.
- Minimum of five years beverage-related experience (shipboard experience preferred), or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret documents such as recipes and manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, tips, proportions, percentages
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.