Production Development Manager - TEST
POSITION SUMMARY:The Manager of Product Development-Asia/Australia Private Destinations will lead Asia & Asutralia Private Destination efforts for Royal Caribbean International. This role will execute concepts that directly respond to consumer insights and understand what our guests are looking for in order to innovate and define whats next in terms of the vacation experience while driving incremental profitability for the brand. Effective project management skills are essential to drive Private Destination initiatives while leading cross functional collaboration across the organization (Marketing, Newbuild, Hotel Operations, Deployment and Finance) to establish an effective process. This person is responsible for executing a product that meets the long-term marketability and profitability goals for the brands Private Destinations in Asia & Australia.
Based in Miami, FL and reporting to the Director of Product Development- Private Destinations, this position requires the ability to lead teams that ideate and deliver quality land based products for our guests, by both fostering and demonstrating a culture of data-driven and vacation experience focused product thinking, innovation and execution.
1. Participates in the concept development, design and execution of all Asia and Australia destinations within the Product Development-Private Destinations team.
2. Develop the critical thinking and concept development skills of team members.
3. Support the development of the vision Global Private Destinations by using Consumer Insights to bring forward the voice of the consumer and drive product innovation for Asia and Australia Private Destinations by creating concepts that directly respond to consumer desires/needs.
4. Assist the Insights & Analytics team with the creation of the questions that need to be answered to guide concept development that will drive incremental profitability for the brand long term and improve the overall vacation experience. Subsequently analyze this data to influence and develop the product.
5. Support a clear short and long term roadmap and effectively project manage complex timelines and deliverables.
6. Works closely with key stakeholders from the various departments across the organization to understand how to adapt and evolve the strategy for delivering a flawless product at our private destinations.
7. Lead product development process for Asia and Australia Private Destinations while working closely with Newbuild and Operations on concept development, programming and the accurate execution of concepts to ensure innovation and authenticity are maximized. Guarantee product specifications created enable a desirable and viable product for future guests.
8. Create presentations showcasing the business environment, current product positioning, competitive landscape, insights and data findings to share recommendations with senior management.
9. Align on key product differentiators with Product Marketing Strategy to ensure buy-in and future marketability of Private Destinations enabling a seamless Go-toMarket planning process leading to desired performance results.
10. Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred
6-8 years business, product/brand marketing or operations experience
Past Management Experience preferred
Experience in the travel/cruise industry preferred
Past Experience working with Architects/Designers/Creative & Innovation Consultants a plus
Ability to travel 50-70% of the time
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strategy and execution skills. This role requires that the candidate have a proven track record of leading teams through ideation, design and delivery of guest experience products.
Ability to analyze data and research results to make recommendations
Ability to apply strong analytical, financial, conceptual and strategic thinking
Strong project management skills, with heavy emphasis on development and execution
Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
Experience in managing internal and/or cross functional teams
Ability to assemble, lead and influence cross functional teams to develop strategies that include input and buy-in from all stakeholders
Proven ability to collaborate with others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact with all levels of the organization
Experience developing strategic framework, planning, executing and managing projects
Ability to grasp the complexities of the business to effectively translate that into a strategy
Willingness to take personal initiative
Strong business acumen
Candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at the senior most executive levels of a company
Attention to detail and follow-through
Strong key computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Manage a TBD consultancy budget.