Senior Assistant Chief Housekeeper
The Senior Assistant Chief Housekeeper works in conjunction with the Chief Housekeeper to coordinate, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department. This includes ensuring that all staterooms, public areas, and open decks are operating in accordance with Company Operating Standards.
- Two to three years progressive Housekeeping managerial experience, preferably in an upscale hotel, resort, or cruise ship. (shipboard experience preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, chemical handling, requirements and use of equipment.
- Knowledgeable about assessment techniques, quality service standards, development of crew management, and guest satisfaction.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function.
- Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, or related programs.
- Ensures all Housekeeping operations and procedures are executed consistently (Stateroom Inspection, Linen Management, and Equipment Management).
- Is highly visible and regularly walks around all areas of the ship.
- Identifies any safety concerns and takes action to correct.
- Has a full understanding of OPP and USPH guidelines and regulations.
- Consistent follow up with repair and maintenance.
- Adequate products, including supplies and guest amenities are always available.
- Delivers the ratings results the company has set forth.
- Integrates STAR service standards and guest comments to attain ratings.
- Upholds STAR (S), Safety, Environmental, and other company policies and standards.
- Demonstrates positive results in Workplace Safety, Crew Satisfaction, Time and Attendance, Guest Satisfaction, and other key results areas.