A Photo Artist is responsible for the successful capture, production, and overall guest experience of Photography on Celebrity Cruises. Photo Artists will capture ad hoc or private moments with guests onboard or ashore and have them produced and available for sale onboard. The Photo Artist is also responsible for selling additional photo productions and photo retail. The Photo Artist is a highly skilled photographer who captures amazing memories for our guests.
The Photo Artist position is part of a larger Onboard Revenue team. This position will have responsibilities beyond capturing and producing photography. Also responsible for the selling, promoting, and merchandising of consumer technology retail, other retail and Wi-Fi packages.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
• Minimum of six months experience as a photographer required, preferably in a high-end photography studio or conducting wedding photography • Strong-demonstrated knowledge and understanding of photographic exposure, composition and focus is essential.
• Must be able to use a modern Digital SLR camera, hot-shoe mounted flash and other professional equipment.
• Must have basic computer literacy, knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Must have advanced literacy, knowledge of and experience using Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Photo key and other image editing software.
• Operate computer systems and touch-screen kiosks and perform basic computer troubleshooting procedures.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require important levels of discretion, patience, tact, and diplomacy.
• Knowledge of principles for providing exemplary customer service including problem resolution and achievement of quality service standards.
• Work independently and function under pressure in a deadline oriented, fast paced environment for extended periods.
• Must enjoy working with the public in a busy, active, and sometimes noisy environment.Required technical qualifications:
• IOS and Android operating systems
• iCafe management (assignment of vouchers and packages) (ideal, but not required)
• Central Management tool (CMT) & IQ Photography management system (ideal, but not required)
• Lightroom, Photo key and Photoshop.
All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors, and co-workers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; usehands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Theemployee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities requiredby this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,and ability to adjust focus.All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life savingprocedures and drills.
Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal andhearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergencyincluding the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.