Dir, CO Outbound & Groups -RCI
Director, Consumer Outreach Outbound & Groups
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miramar, FL. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Director of Royal CO Outbound and Groups Sales and Service was created to help maintain the material growth trends in sailed revenue we've realized from direct guests. This senior position will be responsible for leading two distinct teams within the CO organization- with over 120 staff across two sites in Miramar, FL and Springfield, OR. They will provide leadership, develop and execute strategic and tactical plans/initiatives to ensure the teams achieve their KPIs, and will work in lockstep with the rest of the RCI Consumer Outreach organization in support of the brand strategy for growing Direct Sales. Other departments this individual will engage are: Marketing, Revenue, Web, IT, Trade Support, Onboard Sales, and Loyalty This leader will provide direction, coaching and support to a staff that includes 1 operational manager, 6 coaches and front line agents.
- Sets the strategic direction for the RCI Consumer Outreach Outbound and Group departments to align with the overall CO strategy set by the AVP, CO.
- Develops and communicates the vision for the Outbound and Group department with particular focus on revenue growth and cost of sale efficiencies.
- Develops and implements Outbound growth strategies.
- Develops and implements new Outbound lead sources.
- Owns and executes cross-functional CO projects as assigned by AVP, CO (technology, promotional immersion, brand level initiatives to name a few).
- Plans, directs and manages to performance milestones for their respective teams.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Department to develop strategies for lead sourcing and planning.
- Tracks and measures team effectiveness/progress and communicates regularly/positively to the leadership team.
- Oversees operational activities performed in the area including qualifying and booking new groups, and managing the overall relationship with the external customer.
- Will be required to draft and present complex and top line subjects to Senior leaders in a compelling and clear manner (must be highly proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Will be required to travel to Springfield, OR once a quarter to engage the OB team stationed there.
- Effectively manages resources to meet all corporate objectives, call to booking ratios, product mix/revenue per call and any other statistical measurements/goals as established by the organizations Senior Leader.
- Establishes operating plans and staffing levels for their department.
- Responsible to achieve departmental revenue goals as determined by senior management. Revenue goals vary year to year.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required, MBA a plus.
- Ten+ years progressive experience in Sales, with emphasis on direct sales to consumers.
- Cruise or Travel Industry experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive direct consumer sales and call center management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint), AS400 reservations system/GUI/Siebel.
- Outbound call center background and experience essential to overall operation of business, Strong sales experience and customer service background essential.
Join our team as a Director, Consumer Outreach Outbound & Groups. Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.