Analyst, Sr Business/Sales
Analyst, Sr. Business/Sales
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, FL. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Sales Senior Business Analyst role plays a key role in our efforts by providing data and decision support to the Royal Caribbean Sales organization.
The Sales Analyst teams are responsible for both strategic and tactical initiatives related to Sales performance, promotional activities and decision support as well as financial analysis and management. The Senior Analyst role is responsible for the analysis, reporting and interpretation of sales data and providing information and recommendations to sales leadership on both regular and ad hoc bases. The role will identify regional sales trends, forecast sales, lend analytical support to sales leadership in setting goals, and calculate and monitor performance to ensure sales effectiveness. The role may work in conjunction with Revenue Management and Marketing to insure cohesiveness with corporate goals and initiatives.
- Responsible for the gathering, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- Analyze sales data to identify trends (i.e. regionally, by product, by account, by market, or by segment.).
- Develop, Implement and enhance high impact business reporting.
- Develop financial models and projections to address complex business problems.
- Provide information and recommendations to leadership on both regular and ad-hoc basis.
- Provide analytical support on tactical and strategic special projects.
- Prepare reports and presentations for all levels of the department.
- Develop productive working relationships with all Sales Managers, Directors and Executives as well as peers and other colleagues within the department and cross-departmentally.
- Make decisions and ensure departmental metrics are tracked.
- Interpret data and make recommendations to sales management regarding sales strategy, process execution and revenue opportunities / risks.
- Provide decision support to Sales and business leadership through analysis and tracking of sales and product performance.
- Communicate with other departments to assure that departmental policy changes or projects that will affect processes are identified and solutions are created.
- Analyze and disseminate competitive data regarding products, services, and pricing to identify marketplace trends and innovations.
- Work with Revenue Management to identify and report revenue opportunities and risks.
- Work with Marketing to insure that marketing efforts are properly communicated and implemented in the field.
- Track and report results against specific initiatives and programs and make recommendations on improvements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop new and revise/maintain existing reports and operational procedures.
- Write or provide executive level analysis, reports and presentations.
- Bachelors degree (BA) from four-year college or university or equivalent work experience required.
- Two to four years related experience in financial / business analysis or related field preferred.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Masters degree (MA) preferred.
- Previous experience with Sales or Marketing preferred but not required.
- Analytical skills to interpret data trends.
- The responsibilities and level of supervision required will vary based on individual job performance.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Knowledge of Hyperion, Brio, Access, Microsoft Project, Visio, Lotus Notes, and the AS400 or equivalent mainframe reservations system strongly preferred.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy in data and analysis.
- Ability to effectively present information to executive management and public groups.
- Ability to work, interact, and communicate with external / internal customers at all levels.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Work on projects independently and as part of a cross functional team.
- Ability to solve complex problems with a variety of variables in situations where no standardization exists.
Join our team as an Analyst, Sr. Business/Sales . Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.