Dir, Shore Excursions
Director, Shore Excursions
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, FL. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
This position is responsible for the growth and management of Celebrity's Shore Excursions and destination delivery/lecture program, defining and implementing the business strategy and tactical priorities. Leads shipboard and shoreside team members and collaborates with Tour Product Development, Marketing, Revenue Analysis, Marine Operations, and Hotel Operations. This position will interact with shipboard management teams and collaborate on sales/marketing strategies, staff training, succession planning and the recruitment of shore excursions managers. This position will also collaborate with the Product Development Managers to optimize tour program content and recommend adjustments based on demand trends.
- Sets the business strategy for optimizing revenue and guest satisfaction for Celebrity's Shore Excursions and Shopping programs.
- Determines path for defining the brand's value proposition that creates sustainable competitive advantage.
- Collaborates with Tour Product Development, Marketing, Sales, and International Offices to create programs that support the Brand's Destination pillar.
- Analyzes guest and tour data to determine optimal pricing and prices programs, including but not limited to loyalty schemes, packages and promotions, that will optimize total yields.
- Leads the Group Shore Excursion team, working with Celebrity Sales to maximize Shore Excursions and Onboard Revenue from large Groups.
- Develops the strategy, develops business objectives/KPIs, and ensures tactics are completed.
- Develops global incentives that optimize revenue.
- Recommends investments in people, processes, and technologies.
- Leads the onboard Shore Excursions team to optimize revenue and guest satisfaction.
- Ensures teams are developed with appropriate product knowledge and business skills.
- Designs or improves existing processes, tools, and incentive programs that drive net revenue.
- Organizes training globally for shoreside and shipboard teams on tour products and programs.
- Helps develop and coach a team of 20 onboard and shoreside team members.
- Identifies new opportunities for revenue growth by watching market and consumer trends.
- Monitors competitor pricing and business activity to determine best strategy for Celebrity.
- Represents Shore Excursions at industry events and meetings.
- Understands opportunities for both mass targeting and segmentation through product development and marketing.
- Analyzes pre-cruise and onboard sales to make continuous improvements to Celebrity's Shore Excursion program.
- Contributes ideas across the entire Onboard Revenue team.
- Has experience with strategy, financial analysis, sales, marketing, and operations.
- Manages the successful implementation of new revenue programs, on-time and on-target.
- Ensure all Shore Excursion programs are well-defined and marketed across all channels, including pre-cruise and onboard.
- Develops tour rationalization strategies as appropriate.
- Ensures optimal performance of website and all pre-cruise communications through solid relationships with IT, Marketing, and other key function areas.
- Assesses and analyzes shipboard revenue, ratings and participation results and recommends adjustments to GPE strategy, operations or offerings to maximize revenue.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
- MBA preferred.
- 8-12 years of experience in cruise/tourism industry with emphasis on strategy, product development, and marketing.
- Proven track record in revenue growth and team management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of leadership, guests and employees.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior leadership, public groups, and board of directors.
- Expertise in the use of personal computers with associated software (MS office products) and communication packages.
Join our team as a Director, Shore Excursions. Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.