Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Prepares federal, state, local and miscellaneous tax filings, assists in accounting for income taxes, gathers data for tax reporting, filings and examinations, prepares journal entries, reconciles general ledger accounts, maintains tax calendar, and performs tax technical research.
- Gathers appropriate data, analyzes accounts and records and from that information prepares US federal and state corporate income tax return work-papers.
- Computes and makes periodic estimated tax payments.
- Prepares monthly tax forecast updates and variance analysis.
- Prepares tax entries and reconciles tax accounts.
- Gathers appropriate information and prepares (but not limited to) the following returns:
- State sales and use tax returns.
- Gross receipts tax returns.
- Alcohol excise tax returns.
- Gaming tax returns.
- Tangible personal property tax returns.
- Shipboard casino winnings.
- Other miscellaneous tax filings as necessary.
- Communicates with shipboard personnel to gather information required for return filings.
- Updates state and local sales tax rate table for all ships onboard point of sale system.
- Performs state and local tax regulatory research to ensure company is tax compliant.
- Responds to requests from vendors, Accounts Payable and Purchasing for sales tax exemption certificates.
- Prepares calculations of US source income percentage and other calculations required to monitor exposure under IRC section 883.
- Assists Tax Manager with federal, state, and local tax authority inquiries and audits.
- Serves as a resource for tax department management in assisting with the day-to-day issues and inquiries that arise from other areas of the company.
- Assists with accounting for income taxes under ASC 740 and FIN 48 research and analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or similar business field.
- Minimum of 2 years of tax-related experience, public accounting or industry.
- Highly proficient in excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Certified Public Accountant or candidate preferred.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate, including the ability to simplify technical jargon, public speaking ability.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Proficient PC skills:
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, JD Edwards, EssBase, OneSource Tax Provision, Lotus Notes, Tax Calendar, on-line research tools.
Join our team as Analyst, Tax. Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 mins to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.