Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, FL. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Provide an independent and objective evaluation of the internal control environment through audits focusing on:
- Reliability/integrity of financial and operational information.
- Effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Safeguarding of assets.
- Compliance with laws, regulations and contracts.
- Assists in ensuring the Company remains is compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements which include:
- Documenting Company processes.
- Identifying internal controls.
- Developing audit programs to test key controls.
- Testing of those key controls and identifying areas in need of remediation.
- Compliance audits of shipboard operations to assess compliance with Company policies and procedures and make recommendations related to efficiency and internal control improvements.
- Prepares reports of findings and recommendations for senior management.
- Maintains the highest standards, both ethical and professional. This requires knowledge of authoritative and regulatory pronouncements on accounting and auditing.
- Perform audits of ships that generate combined, annual onboard revenues in excess of $1.8 billion.
- Perform physical counts of shipboard cash balances, totaling approximately $35 million across the fleet
- Master's degree (M.B.A. or Master's in Accounting) or equivalent plus one to two years related experience and/or training.
- Big 4 accounting firm preferred; or an undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance plus two or more years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent.
- Passport or other documentation which will allow unlimited travel into and out of the U.S.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write reports for distribution to senior management that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficiency in applying internal auditing standards, procedures and techniques.
- Proficiency in accounting principles and techniques.
- Proficiency means the ability to apply knowledge to situations likely to be encountered and to deal with them without extensive recourse to technical research and assistance.
- An understanding of management principles is required to recognize and evaluate the materiality and significance of deviations from good business practice.
- An understanding means the ability to apply broad knowledge to situations likely to be encountered to recognize significant deviations, and to be able to carry out the research necessary to arrive at reasonable solutions.
- Must possess an appreciation for the fundamentals of such subjects as accounting, economics, commercial law, taxation, finance, quantitative methods, and information technology.
- An appreciation means the ability to recognize the existence of problems or potential problems and to determine the further research needed or the assistance required.
Join our team as an Auditor. Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.