Auditor, Safety, Quality, & Environmental
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, FL. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Auditor, Safety, Quality, Environmental supports the efforts of the Safety, Environment, and Health departments to ensure Corporate and shipboard compliance with applicable International and Flag State regulatory requirements, voluntary standards and company policies. This involves providing audit services to Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. and its subsidiaries and brands, its ships, offices, and other facilities.
- Conducts both shipboard and shore side audits of RCL SQM / Safety, Quality, and Environmental programs within the prescribed time frame.
- Verifies the effective implementation of the Company Safety, Quality and Environmental (SQM) system which includes the requirements of SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea Convention); STCW (Standards of Certification, Training and Watch keeping); MARPOL (International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships); ISM Code (International Safety Management Code); various IMO regulations, the instruments of ILO (International Labor Convention); ISO 14001 (Environmental Standards); and ISO 9001(Quality Standards).
- The auditor is also responsible for verifying compliance with appropriate Flag and Port State regulations.
- Follows up on previous nonconformity's (from prior audits) to evaluate the effectiveness of the proposed and/or implemented corrective actions Assists the Lead / Senior Auditor in coordinating team activities for presentation of audit results to the shipboard executive committee or shore side management / executives.
- This includes documenting detailed findings (e.g. noteworthy efforts, nonconformities, observations, verification statements).
- Provides training to shipboard and shore side staff with regard to topics such as AIRTS (Accident/Incident Report Tracking System), SQM (Safety & Quality Management System), Corrective / Preventative Actions, Root Cause Analysis and Management Systems elements.
- Maintains open communications with colleagues (shipboard and shore side) and works to improve understanding as to the intent of the audit findings or to clarify the finding.
- Communicate critical issues to the Lead / Senior Auditor as well as shipboard or shore side management.
- Continually improves audit protocols, the audit program, and the corporate management system (SQM, AIRTS, etc.)
- Responsible for coordinating travel arrangements and creating expense reports associated with this position.
- Ensure Company related travel and expenses are compliant with the Corporate Travel & Entertainment policy.
- Bachelor's degree from 4 year college/university Minimum of three years of audit experience in the maritime industry, e.g., cruise ships, or cargo ships.
- Degree from a Maritime Institution, Marine Technical License or related certification preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Management Systems and standards including ISO 9001/1400 and 50,001.
- Position requires detailed knowledge of the requirements and implementation of international regulations including ISM, SOLAS, STCW, MARPOL, MLC and ILO as well as those from applicable Flag and Port States.
- Knowledge/ experience in safety, quality and environment auditing techniques.
- Must have excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills for effective communication and negotiation with all levels of management in a diverse environment to include shipboard and shore side corporate offices.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific journals, management system standards, and legal documents including international, Flag and Port State regulations related to the maritime / cruise ship industries.
- Very strong English writing and communication skills.
Join our team as an Auditor, Safety, Quality, & Environmental. Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.