Manager, Production & Content
Manager, Production and Content
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Royal Caribbean International is seeking a Manager of Production and Content to work within the Brand Marketing team to oversee the management of large scale productions, content asset flow and management, budget management and triple bidding process, and interdepartmental ownership of production planning and scheduling. Content evaluation and leadership will also be a key responsibility for this role. This position is instrumental in providing cross function teams with access to new video and still content that needed to keep our communications compelling and impactful in the market place. Managing the overall asset capture plan and executing on the content sharing across our internal and external parties is a critical aspect of how we market. The right candidate will have a passion for the creative process and have a creative eye, along with a meticulous approach to production and content management.
The Manager, Production and Content will be involved in the design, execution and final deliverables for all productions lead by the brand team. This person will work closely with our agency of record on these key projects but will also lead independent shoots from beginning to end. This Manager will also manage the ongoing relationship with some of the most highly valued partners and the individual must be able to juggle multiple tasks at the same time, own and drive these productions and process to optimal efficiency.
Additionally, the Manager, Production and Content, will be seen as the resident expert on all production planning and content.
The Manager of Productions and Content will report to the Director, Brand Marketing.
- Manage all productions for the brand. This will include TV video and photo production but could also include other multimedia productions. Lead the production process, from the scout, planning, scheduling, ship communication, asset collection and cataloging, and distribution. Establishing clear schedules and roles as project involvement can vary from internal shoots as well are external shoots.
- Manage a production staff and lead multiple shoot assignments. These are not limited to ship board shoots, but also to destination shoots, and activations.
- Forecast and budget management for all productions lead by the production team. This will include bidding process and negotiation of contracts.
- Manage and own the stateroom reconciliation for the marketing department for all shoots establish and own the department production calendar is conjunction with the Director of Brand to ensure production timing and in market dates and needs collaborate.
- Serve as the internal champion for production requests, approvals and planning for the brand, this position will lead the organization and/or internal business partners by answering questions, responding to requests to shoot onboard and providing basic guidance and support.
- Management of talent, usage rights, and holding fees for music and talent used in Marketing advertising. Establish a contact list of production houses, producers, directors etc that can be leveraged for shoots that will not involve our agency of record.
- Manage the collection, cataloging, editing and storage of all video and photo assets produced by all departments including, but not limited to NA and International Marketing, Fleet Ops, Hotel Ops, and Explorations Depts.
- Establish video archiving system and process flow with outside agencies to keep an efficient flow of video sharing for creative use. Drive the select process for video to make key pieces of footage available to teams.
- Manage the image and video influx of assets and ensure manage a distribution flow in conjunction with the creative Sr. Manager.
- Work with Brand Manager and collaborate with Social production manager, content manager for the web to identify and establish an asset capture approach to fill our product content need.
- Manage creative execution of select campaigns directed to consumers this could range from product launches, radio, ooh, and brand activations.
- Lead team that manages the Global Image Library (DAM site) includes overseeing library enhancements and managing vendor/agency responsibility in accordance with this program. Lead weekly status calls with vendor. Assist travel agents inquiry with downloads. Participate in seminars on digital asset management to be kept up to date on enhancements to site. Recommend enhancement to communications with global offices through DAM system. Manage the collection and metadata for video, radio and photo assets produced by all departments including, but not limited to NA and International Marketing, Fleet Ops, Hotel Ops, and Explorations.
- Develop weekly status updates for status of each project that will be shared with VP of marketing.
- In all cases, take ownership and responsibility for the state of productions and high quality deliverables.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the production process to benefit the organization and its need for a high volume of assets that are aligned with the brand vision and direction.
- 8 or more years of experience in production and creative project management.
- Experience in shoot management for broadcast is a must large scale project management experience.
- Creative expertise and passion that has translated into broadcast deliverables and activations.
- Very strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills. A great leader and team player.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (internal and external), including Executive presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Eight or more years of extensive production experience.
- Heightened problem solving skills along with passion for the creative process.
- Proven ability to lead productions of 20 to 50+ successfully.
- Ability to effectively understand complex creative concepts and translate that into a production plan.
- Leading a production team to solutions.
- Curious and Eager to learn and develop skills.
- Very strong problem definition and solution skills.
- Highly developed attention to detail.
- Meticulous organizational and process development skills.
- Strong project management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word - Project management tools a big plus.
- Ability to think and apply knowledge creatively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly motivated, strong orientation toward collaborative relationships.
- Be available for travel which can be as long at 7+ days/nights.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.