Director, Talent Management
Seasoned senior level HR professional to lead develop and implement enterprise-wide Talent Review and Succession Management process. This leader is responsible for enterprise wide Talent Management integrating leadership and executive development strategies and Career Pipeline development. Responsibilities of this position include owning managing and coordinating key talent identification review assessment development and movement within the organization. It also includes providing consultative support to ensure that talent development strategy is aligned with current and future strategic business needs. In this role the leader works closely with the VP of Talent Management L&D department head and Chief HR Officer as well as with HR partners and business leaders (globally and onboard vessels) to ensure alignment and integration of Succession Management and Career Pipeline initiatives. This position reports to the Vice President of Talent Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee corporate-wide talent review career pipeline and succession management programs and projects (drives timing of key activities ' quality of tools utilized' consistent application of process by HR and business)
- Ensure consistent application of Succession Management processes and tools enterprise-wide
- Collaborate with Manger of Executive Development/ HiPo to ensure executive development curriculum is aligned with future organizational growth strategies
- Responsible for spearheading the enterprise wide design and implementation of Career Development Plans post Talent Review sessions.
- Work in collaboration with Executive Development Manager to identify experiential learning and educational interventions to promote successor growth.
- Diagnose opportunities for executive coaching engagements & coordinate with Manager of HiPo & Executive Development
- Upon request administer and debrief individual and team assessment instruments such as (but not limited to) Hogan Suite and 360 degree feedback tools
- Provide professional development coaching to leaders and high potentials
- Educate and assist HR leaders and employees to implement Succession Management processes and initiatives
- Provides thought leadership to leaders and HR partners utilizing organization development and executive development best practices and benchmarks
- Compiles and analyzes data related to promotions retention and other key metrics associated with Succession
- Lead enterprise-wide definition of career paths and job profiles
- Lead strategic workforce planning working with HRBPs/business leaders to define capability requirements for the next 3-5 years
- Develop and implement a refreshed leadership development strategy and curriculum
- Facilitate enterprise-wide refresh of competency model and desired behaviors
- Define technology requirements to support foundational talent management infrastructure
- Masters degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology Business Administration HR/Organization Development or related field is required.
- 7-10 years of experience in leadership development organization development and/or executive development in a corporate environment.
- Experience working in a global multi-national environment
- Multi-lingual preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proven experience in coaching and development of executive leaders
- Proven experience in managing talent review and succession management programs/processes
- Proven experience in developing and delivering OD interventions and advanced facilitation skills required.
- Proven experience and certification in industry standard psychometric assessment and 360 tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer oriented focus a must
- Results oriented and a team player
- Excellent project management skills required.
- Driven self motivated and able to work effectively with minimal direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent diagnostic and consultative skills necessary.
- Standard physical demands of an office environment
- Facilitation requires standing for extended periods of time
- 25% travel required (to other shoreside locations world-wide or nation-wide able to travel to ships)