Business Partner, Sr. HR Shipboard
Business Partner, Sr. HR Shipboard
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Senior HR Business Partner should be a strategic HR professional that partners with executives and senior management to develop and implement companywide human resource strategies and programs that are in line with the individual business unit and organizational mission and vision. Must be proficient in all aspects of HR administration, including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, organizational development, learning, employment law, compensation, benefits, international HR management, and HR systems. The position reports to the Director of Human Resources Shipboard for RCI.
- Works closely with executives and senior management throughout the organization to develop and implement organizational strategies that optimize the performance and overall effectiveness of human resources.
- Provides guidance to executives and senior management pertaining to organizational development, specifically career paths, succession planning, and organizational learning.
- Works with employees providing guidance relating to their individual career path, performance management, organizational learning opportunities and other HR related issues.
- Analyzes employee relations issues, recommends effective solutions, and works with the business to implement those solutions.
- Partners with HR knowledge experts in compensation, total rewards, recruitment, and organizational learning to develop and implement best practices and monitors their application throughout the organization.
- Works closely with Internal Audit, Global Security, and Information Technology on investigations of ethics, discrimination, harassment, or other workplace issues.
- Ensures that hiring practices and are innovative, diverse, and compliant with employment laws specific to business unit's state or country.
- Ensures active monitoring and use of the shipboard pipeline process for employee development and promotion by the onboard teams being supported.
- Evaluates and interprets existing policies and procedures and makes recommendations for changes and implementation throughout the organization based on industry best practices.
- Keeps abreast of the organizational culture and partners with HR knowledge experts to make organization wide changes that reduce turnover, develop our employees, and maintain the company as an employer of choice throughout the world.
- Works with in house legal department to represent the organization in matters of labor disputes, EEOC complaints, wage and hour compliance, etc.
- Partners with executives and senior management on organizational changes such as mergers and acquisitions, to ensure seamless transitions for employees pertaining to cultural assimilation, close work with expatriates, etc.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in human resources with a focus on employee relations.
- Bachelors degree in Business with a specialty in Human Resources Management. Masters degree preferred.
- International HR management experience required including knowledge of international employment, tax and immigration laws.
- HR/SPHR Certification preferred.
- Candidate must have experience in human resources management or consulting in a dynamic, highly complex global environment.
- Must be able to show a successful track record of strategic work with business partners at all levels.
- Strong analytical and written communication skills for policy creation, implementation and analysis.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.