Land Discovery Staff and Bike Escort
This position is responsible for selling, dispatching and auditing Azamara Club Cruises Bicycle Tours, “Cruise Global, Bike Local” (CGBL) and Land Discovery Shore Excursions. He/she will be responsible for maintaining all equipment related to the bicycle tours and ensuring the safety and well-being of our guests while on company sponsored bicycle tours.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards
• Promotes and sells Azamara bicycle tours, retail items and rental equipment to onboard guests.
• Promote, sell, up sell and cross sell tours based on guests’ demographics in order to achieve the set revenue targets. In order to achieve results, the staff is required to study the mapping chart specific to the region, the tour descriptions and operation plans.
• In-depth product knowledge, ability to explain to guests, making appropriate recommendations based on guest preferences, ability to answer questions etc.
• Assists in the preparation of a port call including but not limited to ticketing, preparation for dispatch, shuttle preparation.
• Counting the ticket numbers, compare the amount towards the actual numbers on ASR. Look for discrepancies and correct on the system and finally communicate with the supervisor any findings.
• Auditing Tours: Ensure that the tours run as described, Azamara Club Cruises Standards are met
• Maintains and services all necessary equipment for Bicycle related tours.
•Creates and maintains an inventory of spare bicycle parts to ensure bikes meet and maintains safety and brand standards.
• Executes the tactical sales plan provided by the Land Discoveries Manager through the mapping, critical port analyzes, booking form and Destination Presentation to achieve financial targets.
• Understands the financials behind the business, gross vs. net revenue tour sell, cross sell tours based on their net value to increase the gain from each tour ticket sold following the sales plan established on the booking form.
• Drives business by contributing to the Guest Tour Presentation at the beginning of the cruise, highlighting and demo starting the Bike and the upcoming Bicycle tours.
• Drives revenue by ensuring thorough knowledge of tour options available to guests and securing reservations based on guest preferences
• Meets and provides guests with pre-tour Safety Information Talk.
• Leads and escorts guests on all Bicycle Tours in all ports assisting the company sponsored tour guides from the region
• Provides exceptional guest service with regards to tour sales, refunds,complaints and general port and ship information
• Guest Verbal and Non Verbal communication is professional, on brand and visually appealing. (Desk, pier, and dispatch).
• Takes ownership for guests issues/concerns and follows up to ensure resolution
• Follows company standards with regards to service including greeting and escorting guests, using guests’ names and observing guests to anticipate needs. Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
Demonstrates Passion, Drive and Energy
• Exhibits professional presence, positive energy and passion in all situations.
• Demonstrates pride, passion and commitment to brand philosophy
• Fosters team unity and inspires commitment to Azamara Club Cruises
•Collaborates well and works up, down and across the organization with his peers and other front of the house employees to ensure the team goals are shared and should there be difficulties during the operation all guests’ issues are solved in a timely manner.
• Assists in training new members of the Land Discoveries team.
• Accepts ownership for achieving results in all areas of accountability including SGI, ratings, revenue, Workplace Safety
• Is a role model for others and serves as a positive ambassador of Azamara Club Cruises.
• Resolves conflict with fact-based communication
• Achieves business results through the delivery of an exceptional customer service experience, never via the solicitation of ratings
• Sales background required
• Exceptional communication skills are a must
• Excellent customer service and problem resolution skills required
• Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint or related programs required
• Knowledge of ports, tours and itineraries in the Caribbean, Europe, Baltic,South America, Australia, Asia, Mediterranean and Alaska preferred
Previous work experience as a bicycle guide or in a bike shop preferred.
• Experience conducting presentations and public speaking preferred
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially
• Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian or Portuguese preferred
• All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests,supervisors and co-workers.
• Trained and fit for daily escort of bicycle tours (approx. 25kms daily)
While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of life boats. The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.