Analyst, Sr. Business/Sales
Analyst, Sr. Business/Sales
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Sales Senior Business Analyst role plays a key role in our efforts by providing data and decision support to the branded sales organization. The Sales Analyst teams are responsible for both strategic and tactical initiatives related to Sales performance, promotional activities and decision support as well as financial analysis and management. The Senior Analyst role is responsible for the analysis, reporting and interpretation of sales data and providing information and recommendations to sales leadership on both regular and ad hoc bases. The role will identify regional sales trends, forecast sales, lend analytical support to sales leadership in setting goals,' and calculate and monitor performance to ensure sales effectiveness. The role may work in conjunction with Revenue Management and Marketing to insure cohesiveness with corporate goals and initiatives.
- Develop, manage and Produce KPI dashboards and forecasts for Sales KPIs, including Weekly/Daily and Ad Hoc Revenue and Operational Performance reports.
- Responsible for the full life of a project, including the gathering of strategic business requirements, analysis and interpretation of data, and the presentation of key findings and recommendations to leadership.
- Work with Revenue Management to identify and report revenue opportunities and risks.
- Work with Marketing and other Sales teams to develop a brand knowledge base to build robust analytics and improve segmentation targeting around specific promotions.
- Ability to analyze data present across multiples sources, including reservations systems (AS/400), data warehouses (SQL Servers, Unix/Oracle) and CRS systems (Siebel).
- Analyze sales data to identify trends (i.e. regionally, by product, by account, by market, or by segment.)
- Develop financial models and projections to address complex business problems, including cost analysis, staffing, and revenue generation.
- Develop productive working relationships with all Sales Managers, Directors and Executives as well as peers and other colleagues within the department and cross-departmentally. Develop and strengthen direct reports.
- Make decisions and ensure departmental metrics are tracked.
- Interpret data and make recommendations to sales management regarding sales strategy, process execution and revenue opportunities/risks.
- Bachelors degree (BA) from four-year college or university in Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, or related Analytical fields.
- 3-5 years related experience in financial/business analysis or related field preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Previous experience with Sales or Marketing preferred required
- Analytical skills to interpret data trends.
- The responsibilities and level of supervision required will vary based on individual job performance.
- Knowledge of Hyperion, Brio, Access, Microsoft Project, Visio, Lotus Notes, and the AS400 or equivalent mainframe reservations system strongly preferred.
- Ability to work, interact, and communicate with external / internal customers at all levels.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to solve complex problems with a variety of variables in situations where no standardization exists.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy in data and analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Join our team as Analyst, Sr. Business/Sales. Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 mins to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.