Digital Product Owner
Great vacationsbegin with great employees!
Combine yourexperience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees inMiami, Florida.
Royal CaribbeanCruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefitspackage, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering uniqueways to explore the world.
Based in Miami, FL and reporting to the Sr. Manager/Manager, Product, the Digital Product Owner will be responsible for understanding and executing the strategic direction of digital products for RCCL Digital. The Product owner will be responsible for translating that direction into various document types, including requirement documents, mind maps, user stories and product specifications.
This senior, individual contributor will be required to collaborate with various business, technology and operations team members and leaders to help collected, analyze and synthesize requirements into digital product specifications and definition. The ideal candidate will be expected to gather data from multiple sources (e.g., digital analytics, Guest / consumer research, etc.) to better inform end-user focused product strategy and direction. In addition, the Product owner is expected to help contribute to, shape and potentially drive product strategy and/or features.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for understanding, and executing, the digital strategic direction of a product line as outlined by the Sr. Manager/Manager, Product, through the creation of digital product specifications and product definition, including feature requirements, user stories and/or other critical deliverables.
- Prioritizes the feature requirements and user stories developed into an agile backlog; managing the requirements throughout the agile development lifecycle.
- Manages the feature development and defect backlog of the broad development team on a daily basis to ensure that priorities adhere to the strategic direction of the product.
- Ensures the execution of creative assets developed in support of a feature, such as the visual design, content strategy and copywriting, adhere to the strategic vision / direction of the product.
- Attends daily scrums with development studios to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks.
- Supports multiple cross-functional teams/development studios to ensure a solid understanding of the defined scope.
- Communicates changes in strategic direction or priority shifts to cross-functional teams.
- Provides frequent communication to the product leadership on development progress, escalating any issues that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision.
- Alongside the product leadership, collaborates with organizations across Royal Caribbean Cruise LTD (Pricing, Rev. Management, Marketing, Sales, Park Operations, etc.) to build and manage scope expectations.
- Collaborates across the product team to ensure a seamless experience for either Guests and/or employees across all touch points.
- May provide indirect leadership over Product Analysts (full-time/vendor/contractor) assisting with documenting detailed business rules, acceptance criteria and test cases and helps oversee day-to-day development.
- The size and scope of initiatives may require the product manager to oversee the development across multiple small development teams.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience/training; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in digital related fields (technology, design, etc.), with at least 1 year in a leadership role.
- Prior experience in digital product development or requirements development for software solutions highly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with technical, user and business issues in a fast moving digital organization.
- Experience designing digital experience for iOS and Android apps highly desired.
- Hands-on experience with Agile software development methodology experience as Scrum Product Owner desired.
- Strong knowledge of the online travel industry, and travel/tourism in general desired.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and project leadership skills, including an ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams.
- A well rounded point of view on user experience design.
- Ability to employ design thinking methods to solve problems and apply the right solution for a given problem.
- Ability to effectively lead and support multi-track teams, while working collaboratively to deliver with quality on time.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and drive resolution of complex critical issues.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence or similar Agile collaboration tools.
- Execute best practices for meeting management including facilitation, sending out agenda, tracking action items, etc.
- Must be well organized, methodical and pay close attention to detail.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Possess excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Able to work well in a highly collaborative cross discipline team.
- Flexible and adaptable in an evolving start-up like environment.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Join our team as Digital Product Owner. Once you apply, it willtake you 10-15 mins to complete our application, which will help us betterqualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you willhear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you canview your application status on our career site.
Join us at RoyalCaribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an EqualEmployment Opportunity employer.