The Head Waiter assists the Restaurant Manager in the supervision of Restaurant personnel to ensure total guest satisfaction regarding food quality, service, and hygiene standards. He/she contributes to the success of his/her assigned area by performing a variety of operational, financial, and motivational tasks. A minimum of five years of experience in a four or five-star cruise ship, hotel, restaurant, and/or high-volume food service facility is required for this position.
External Hiring Requirements:
· Two to three years previous Head Waiter, Captain or Chef de Rang experience,preferably in a 4 or 5 star restaurant or hotel.
· One to two years previous Supervisory or Restaurant Manager experience,preferably in a 4 or 5 star Restaurant.
· Extensive knowledge of the restaurant and/or food service industry. Abilityto use appropriate food and beverage terminology and pronunciation.
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personalservice including needs assessment, problem resolution and achievement.
· Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function.Ability to manage the international staff in a positive and productive mannerby motivating, developing and managing employees as they work. Ability toutilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching andcounseling to improve performance or terminate employment.
· Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment tomeet overall established time frames for the entire food service operation.Ability to communicate tactfully with, department heads, coworkers and othershipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
· Working knowledge of computers, Internet access and the ability tonavigate within a variety software packages such as Excel and Word.
· Equivalent of High School Diploma is a minimum requirement.
· Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration orrelated field from an accredited college or university or the internationalequivalent preferred.