Lead, Employee Communications
Lead, Employee Communications
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Employee Communications Lead guides internal communications strategy and tactics for one or more of the company's business units. This individual works closely with clients and HR partners to develop programs and messaging for internal campaigns. The Lead's skill set should include strong writing skills, creativity, and the ability to figure the mix of old and new communications methods needed to make campaigns successful, from posters and desk-drops to virtual town halls and pulse surveys. Personal skills include the ability to advise and educate senior management, to work well solo or with teams, and to learn and adjust to keep our work fresh and relevant year after year.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive employee communication strategies that inform, engage and motivate employees.
- Act as editor for employee broadcast e-mails; executive videos; newsletters; information stations; intranet; appropriate LinkedIn pages; and other targeted channels.
- Design and implement employee-facing messaging for Royal Caribbean's senior leaders and major initiatives.
- Plan and execute internal events including all-hands meetings, Quarterly Management Briefings and other employee engagement events.
- Identify and implement the most appropriate mix of traditional and new media to influence positive perception among employees and drive communication across the organization.
- Work closely with company partners to communicate the state of the business, successes, and company proof points internally through appropriate channels.
- Ensure employee communications activities in all office locations, both in the U.S. and abroad, are aligned with company efforts.
- Work collaboratively across the Communications and CSR function to facilitate communications support for community relations programming and CSR initiatives internally.
- Measure the effectiveness of internal communications and channels on an ongoing basis and make recommendations to review and amend as appropriate.
- Manage public relations agency and relevant vendor relationships as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Business Management or related field required.
- Master's, MBA or advanced degrees will be considered a plus
- Seven to 10 years of communications experience, most recently in the employee communications capacity, preferably for a global company.
- Previous experience as a communications manager supporting employee communications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; high level of attention to detail.
- Strong copy-editing and proofing skills are required.and creativity.
- Proven ability to work well with managers and employees of all levels in gathering, preparing and vetting material.
- Skilled in working with all employee communications apps and platforms (e.g. PowerPoint, Intranets, collaboration tools, social listening, blogs, video, photography, etc.).
- Is comfortable working with executive leaders and familiar with their time constraints and styles of communication to employees.
- Project management experience.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.