Portrait Studio Artist
Preserve our guests' wonderful cruise experiences by producing perfect portraits in the studio, around the ship, and in exotic shore destinations.
You will interact with guests to book and conduct shoots, process images, and make these images available for ordering. Come sail with us if you have at least six months of professional portrait photography experience, are fluent in English, and have advanced computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Lightroom.
- SkilledPortrait Studio Artist, ability to interact with guests, book sessions, conductphoto sessions, edit images, conduct sales sessions and product ordering.
- Post production using Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom andother photo software programs, online ordering of specific products is completedeach cruise by the Portrait Studio Artist. Photography seminars, sales demonstrations andguest consultations are all part of the Portrait Artists duties onboard.
- Must be able todemonstrate a wide range of photography skills under studio and natural lightconditions. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide thehighest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilitiesmay be assigned as needed.
- Work with PhotoManager to maximize schedule and session opportunities.
- Meet and exceedcompany set goals for performance and revenue.
- Ensure approvedadvertising and promotional material is used to promote Private Studio programonboard in accordance with company procedures.
- Able tomaintain all equipment and working areas, regularly cleaning and testingcameras and lenses to ensure full working conditions.
- Arrange sampleimages and product displays as per guidelines.
- Participates indaily desk hours at various locations around the ship, to promote high-endphotography studio program.
- Host a displayand promotional desk, for new guests to learn about the studio program.
- Takeresponsibility for equipment and hardware supplied by company.
- Complete andsubmit reports and business analysis to the shoreside Photo OperationsManagement and ships management as required.
- Maintainequipment and studio inventories and provide Photo Manager end of cruisecounts.
- Receive andunload stores and process paperwork as required.
- To Work withinthe ship’s team structure and complete required safety training and securityduties as determined by the ships officers and the Photo Manager.
- Conducttraining about the studio operation to the rest of the photo team to help drivebookings.
- Minimum 6months of experience as a successful Portrait studio or wedding photographerstrongly preferred.
- Salesexperience is strongly preferred
- Applicant must have advanced computer literacy, knowledge ofand experience using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Adobe Photoshop,Lightroom and be able to operate other advanced computer systems, andtouch-screen kiosks
- Ability to conduct training sessions atall levels including one on ones and large groups
- Ability to effectively deal withinternal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels ofdiscretion, patience, tact and diplomacy
- Knowledge of principles for providingexemplary customer service including problem resolution and achievement ofquality service standards
- Must be able to work independently andfunction under pressure in a deadline oriented, fast paced environment forextended periods.
- Must enjoy working withthe public in a busy, active and sometimes noisy environment.
Excellent ability to understand, readand write English in order to interpret written procedures, policies andmanuals.
Whileperforming the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly requiredto stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by thisjob include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Extensivetravel from ship to ship with varying accommodations and resting opportunitiesrequire good health. Active management of health through diet and exercise is akey for prolonged success in the position
Allshipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergencylifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as wellas full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and giveinstructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering oflifeboats. The employee must have theability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds