Analyst, Sr Design Program
Analyst, Sr. Design Program
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The function of the Senior Design Program Analyst is to coordinate, communicate, and provide support for Newbuild, Revitalization, and Refurbishment projects alongside overseeing the management of other Design Program Analysts in the department. This person, at the Analyst level, consults with internal and external architects, designers, consultants and ship yards to gather, analyze, and report data for recommended courses of action. Projects assigned are typically top priority, high profile, and multi-disciplinary initiatives for the organization and thus require continuous communication and interaction with the Design project leaders. The position supports all aspects of architectural design planning, tracking, and status reporting. Moreover, at the Senior level, this position is responsible for overseeing the management of the other Design Analysts in the department, as well as creating standards and structure for design communication and reporting.
- Support the development, coordination, tracking, risk monitoring, and reporting of design and detail design phases of projects from inception to completion, ensuring on-time, and on-budget delivery of project outputs.
- Oversee and create design planning methods, tool usage, and standardized reporting and communication methodologies.
- Develop processing methods and practices for communication of architectural design status to extended teams and executive management.
- Utilize project management tools and techniques to forecast and communicate architectural design status for various projects.
- Administrate key design team meetings such as Design Core Management calls, Practicality Reviews, etc (attendees, agenda, invitations, action logs) and publish status after each meeting.
- Use intermediate to advanced level skillset in Microsoft Office Suite of products to create and format basic spreadsheets, reports, letters, and presentations while collecting and consolidating information from multiple sources. Consult with design management to ascertain & define needs or problems to obtain data required.
- Support design teams in planning, organization, and control of activities upholding core design processes.
- Provide administrative support including creating reports, correspondence, spreadsheets, presentations, and calendars; compiling and typing statistical reports, placing phone calls, distributing email, coordinating vendor travel arrangements, booking meeting rooms, processing invoices, scheduling appointments, greeting vendors/visitors, and recording meeting minutes.
- Determines design drawing submittal status and detailed drawing comment status for primarily first-in-series Newbuild projects, through communication with architects, designers, design team, and site offices as necessary to ensure accuracy.
- Manages other Design Program Analysts, performs administrative managerial duties, guides team, provides oversight and direction.
- Bachelor of Science degree with a concentration in Business, Management Information Systems or closely related discipline (Management Science) required.
- Cruise industry experience is desired but not required.
- Design industry experience is not required.
- Experience: 4 years required, with at least one year preferred within a large corporation or consulting firm.
- Administration environment is required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills a must. Clear and precise communication at all levels of the organization essential.
- Knowledge of effective communication for providing customer and personal service to internal and external groups, such as European site offices, shipyards, architects/designers, vendors, Revenue Management, Marketing, Groups/Sales, Operations, IT, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strength in communicating in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, co-workers, customers, vendors, shoreside and shipboard employees.
- Software: Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.