Consultant, Talent Management
Talent Management Consultant, HR
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
This position will lead the preliminary design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide Talent Management programs and processes, including but not limited to performance management, succession management, and leadership development. Grounded in knowledge of industry research and best practices, this position will propose program design options that are strategic,
relevant, and impactful. This position will lead change management; specifically, s/he will develop and lead a stakeholder engagement approach to ensure appropriate participation from HR and business stakeholders at the various project phases. This role will act as consultant and advisor to all business partners, including leaders and employees, to execute Talent Management efforts within business units and improve them over time.
- Lead the development of enterprise-wide talent management programs; customize, as necessary, to meet the specific needs of brands or fleets.
- Identifies stakeholder groups/key influencers and understands how each will be impacted by a proposed change; develops customized engagement strategies to foster program sustainability.
- Partner with HRBPs and Business Leaders to implement talent management programs and processes enterprise-wide.
- Develops educational communications and training materials to increase institutional capability to manage talent strategically.
- Synthesizes and incorporates stakeholder feedback, organizational best practices, and lessons learned across fleets.
- Develops and manages project plans, status reports, and action/assumption/risk/decision logs to provide ongoing synthesis of project health.
- Develops appropriate metrics and tracking mechanisms to drive accountability, measure results, and optimize the impact of the strategic talent management function.
- Analyzes program feedback and makes recommendations that enable continuous improvement.
Representative projects/activities may include:
- Develops and oversees a system of effective performance reviews, which links individual performance to organizational outcomes, values and core competencies.
- Identifies the core competencies required for excellent performance in each position.
- Provides feedback and coaching to leaders on assessment and development tools.
- Establishes succession management strategies for identifying, developing, and promoting high-potential and high-performing staff.
- Manages the succession planning activities, including work with business partners at all levels of the organization to set objectives, coordinate succession planning activities, facilitate talent review discussions and guide bench development programs for shipboard employees.
- Manages the talent review process and create talent portfolios for all high potential leaders.
- Manages process for talent gap analysis and coordinate with cross functional task force to create training and communication resources.
- Identifies and ensure growth and development opportunities are provided for shipboard employees based on capabilities and interests consistent with current and future organizational needs.
- Develops and implements strategies focused on retention of talent through the assimilation (onboarding) and continuing professional development of employees.
- 5-7+ years of HR, recruitment or talent management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related discipline required.
- Experience in consulting preferred, program management skills required.
- HR project management from conception and design through implementation, measurement and continuous improvement.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Confident and assertive at all levels with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience leading others throughout all project life cycle stages.
- Proven talent management experience, including but not limited to performance management, talent reviews, succession, coaching and leadership development.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet tight deadlines, and thrive in a fast-changing environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; can proactively translate business needs to timely, pragmatic solutions.
- Team player with strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Executive presence; strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships at all levels and influence others and lead others through change.
- Excellent consulting, project management, and organizational skills required.
- Driven, self motivated and able to work effectively with minimal direction.
- Excellent diagnostic and consultative skills necessary.
- 25% travel required (to other locations worldwide or nationwide)
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.