Director, Associate Counsel Real Estate
Director, Associate Counsel Real Estate
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The position is responsible for providing legal counsel to a number of internal Royal Caribbean departments, including Commercial Development, Private Destinations, Port Operations/ Guest Port Services, Facilities, Environmental, Safety and Global Security. This position will have considerable interaction with all management levels, including various officers and executive officers.
- Handle a broad range of transactional matters with an emphasis on real estate, including cruise port development, cruise port operations, cruise port operating concessions, office and retail leases, and preferential berthing agreements.
- Draft, negotiate and review (a) transactional real estate documents, including, among others, letters of intent, memorandum of understanding, heads of agreement, development agreements, purchase and sale agreements, lease agreements and confidentiality agreements, (b) loan and other financing documents, and (c) general corporate documents, including, among others, organizational documents, shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements, and subscription agreements, and close transactions on an as-needed basis.
- Review and interpret contracts related to the operation and management of the Companys various development projects and port concessions, and provide legal advice including administration of contracts in accordance with Company policies and legal requirements.
- Review and interpret the requirements of governmental agencies, laws, statutes, rules, regulations and court decisions; advise on new legislative and regulatory requirements and recommend changes to policies and processes, as appropriate.
- Identify, monitor and assist in managing risks to the Company, including maintaining close contact with industry organizations to become aware of and understand inherent emerging risks that could affect the Companys operations.
- Advise the General Counsel and other members of the Companys executive team with respect to the duties and responsibilities outlined above.
- Bachelor's degree and Juris Doctor from a strong accredited university and law school is required.
- License to practice law required; Florida Bar preferred.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 6+ years of real estate/ transactional experience; large law firm and/or in house experience is preferred.
- Deep and varied experience with all aspects of real estate law, particularly commercial real estate transactions.
- Excellent writing ability; significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial real estate and other transactional documents.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills, excellent judgment and the ability to make decisions and assess acceptable levels of business risk.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Must work with a sense of professional pride, possess a strong work ethic, be proactive, enthusiastic and flexible, and have business and personal integrity.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, including the ability to simplify technical and legal jargon; effective public speaking ability.
- Must be highly organized, detailed oriented, and dependable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and online research tools.
Join our team as a Director, Associate Counsel Real Estate. Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.