Agent, Consumer Outreach Group Sales
Agent, Consumer Outreach Group Sales
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Responsible for handling a high volume of Royal Caribbean International group sales calls from direct consumers. Working with direct guests, this position will sell all the benefits of a group booking, and will seek to gain an agreement on price, stateroom mix, ship, and sail date of each group. With this roles main priority being sales, they will be solely responsible for all new group revenue production for the group team. With the responsibility of new booking revenue, this role will have goals using a variety of different sales metrics. The position will have monthly booked revenue goals, quarterly sales revenue goals, and a variety of booking specific metric goals to maximize revenue.
- Handles all aspects of direct group sales calls. Handles inbound and outbound calls, emails, faxes and mail from direct consumers interested in reserving new group reservations with Royal Caribbean.
- Responsible for processing a high volume of sales calls for all direct groups. Clearly communicates group benefits including Group Amenity Plus points program and tour conductor program to consumers. Answers general and specific questions regarding their groups, product offerings, and policies.
- Recommends to management improvements in product, booking and documentation methods, revenue management procedures. Finds options and alternatives and communications limitations in a positive manner.
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from an accredited college or university, or three to five years of experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- One year of experience in high volume call center or sales/customer service work environment preferred.
- Experience with AS400 or similar reservations system required.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook experience preferred.
- Ability to write reports, memos and business correspondence. Ability to read and comprehend complicated instructions, short correspondence, memos and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work, interact, and communicate with external/internal customers at all levels. Ability to build and maintain successful business relationships with the most valued direct consumers as well as co-workers in order to successfully close business and service customers needs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, and percentages. Ability to understand and explain a complex group accounting.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to understand and communication government regulations.
- Ability to make decisions in situations where multiple variables and tight deadlines exist, assess complex situations and make mutually beneficial decisions where limited standardization exists, and assess the most complex and non-routine situations.
- Knowledge of AS400 or similar reservations system required. Microsoft Word and Outlook experience preferred.
Join our team as an Agent, Consumer Outreach Group Sales. Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.