Agent, Consumer Outreach (Group Service) - RCI
Agent, Consumer Outreach (Group Service) - RCI
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Responsible for handling high volume Royal Caribbean International group service calls from direct consumers. This position seeks to service existing guests that have previously booked with the groups department. Servicing requests range from edits to group bookings, dining requests, shore excursion requests, and just about anything pre cruise related. This role is majority service oriented, along with a revenue producing responsibility. This position will be responsible for increasing revenue through service oriented calls. Unlike a sales position which has to sell the initial cruise, this position will be creating revenue on already sold bookings. Upselling existing customers to higher category staterooms and providing revenue producing add ons to existing reservations.
- Handles all aspects of servicing direct consumer groups. Handles inbound calls from direct consumers in already reserved group bookings.
- Responsible for processing a high volume of basic, routine transactions for all direct groups, including allocating and maintaining stateroom inventory, air gateways, pre and post hotel packages, and dining assignments, entering manifests, and applying payments. Clearly communicates group benefits including Group Amenity Plus points program and tour conductor program to consumers. Answers general and specific questions regarding group product offerings, and policies. Proactively manages all aspects of inventory (stateroom, air, hotels, transfers, etc.) and collection of payments.
- Responsible for proactively managing the relationship with direct consumers for groups under coordination by clearly explaining what is expected from the guest and what they can expect from Royal Caribbean International. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of group after creating to sailing termination. Responsible for processing amenity requests and dining assignments, and handling all non-routine and out of the ordinary requests and situations.
- Investigates guest complaints on bookings, product, service, billing, air, credit, or pre/post vacation experiences.
- Examines booking history, accounting information, related documents and correspondence and converses or corresponds with customer and other company personnel such as Air/Sea, Groups, Reservations, Accounting, Revenue Management, Documentation, sales etc, to obtain facts regarding guest complaint.
- Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from an accredited college or university, or three to five years of experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- One year of experience in high volume call center or sales/customer service work environment preferred.
- Experience with AS400 or similar reservations system required.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook experience preferred.
- Ability to write reports, memos and business correspondence. Ability to read and comprehend complicated instructions, short correspondence, memos and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work, interact, and communicate with external/internal customers at all levels. Ability to build and maintain successful business relationships with the most valued direct consumers as well as co-workers in order to successfully close business and service customers needs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, and percentages. Ability to understand and explain a complex group accounting.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to understand and communication government regulations.
- Ability to make decisions in situations where multiple variables and tight deadlines exist, assess complex situations and make mutually beneficial decisions where limited standardization exists, and assess the most complex and non-routine situations.
- Knowledge of AS400 or similar reservations system required. Microsoft Word and Outlook experience preferred.
Join our team as an Agent, Consumer Outreach (Group Service) - RCI. Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.