Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Develop, prototype, test and iterate on innovative solutions that blend design, technology, strategy, and customer value, to push the envelope and inspire development teams and leaders to invest in new ideas. In doing so, you partner with strategists, researchers, designers, developers and outside partners and ensure our experiences are beautifully and thoughtfully considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and present interactive experience prototypes in a fast-paced, laboratory environment
- Provide both technical and creative input to the planning phase of new projects
- Ensure up-time of on-going demos in the lab
- Deploy, support, and deliver demos in high-profile company presentations
- Identify vendors and manage vendor relationships as they build and deploy high-fidelity experience prototypes
- Understand that frequent change is part of the creative process and enable an agile workflow and help ensure high-quality, on-time deliverables
- Be an active member of the design team, contributing to every phase of the project with prototyping, technical innovation, validation, and turning prototypes into reality
- Have an inquisitive interest in the latest development techniques and libraries
- Demonstrate the value of prototyping as an integral and regular step in the design process of conceptualizing, refining, and finalizing an inventive solution, service or product
- Discover and refine through iterative prototyping w/ customers, partners and team members.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field preferred
- Experience with game engines such as Unity and Unreal Engine required
- Experience with media production tools such as Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X required
- Experience with physical prototyping tools such as 3D printers and IoT platforms required
- Basic electrical engineering skills such as soldering and basic circuit design required
- Experience with performing arts a plus
- Experience operating stage lighting, audio, and other show system technology a plus
- Experience and familiarity with a range of prototyping tools and solutions
- Experience constructing and developing on a technology stack that meets the needs of rapid prototyping, whilst also serving as the foundation for future development
- An openness to invention and creativity regarding new methods of prototyping, and a passion to continuously evolve your craft
- Communication skills to connect with teammates, partners and stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated portfolio of rapid prototyping, solution delivery and transition to production
- Demonstrable maker mindset, and systems thinking experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Keep up to date with technology trends and play with technology to understand it. Gain exposure and deep knowledge of new emerging technologies
- Showcase the latest creative uses of technology to the wider company and introduce emerging technologies into the human-centered design process
- Share your prototyping superpowers through teaching & mentoring others
- Lend your voice to guide / inform the direction of projects from learnings youve gathered
Join our team as a Creative Technologist. Once you apply,it will take you 10-15 mins to complete our application, which will help usbetter qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this positionyou will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time,you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.