Lead, Digital Product Designer
Great vacationsbegin with great employees!
Combine yourexperience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees inMiami, Florida.
Royal CaribbeanCruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefitspackage, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering uniqueways to explore the world.
Based in Miami, FL and reporting to the Director of Product Design, the Product Designer Lead will own and rive major product design initiatives within a new digital organization for RCL.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in the art of designing for the interaction between humans and machines as well as the ability to inspire, tell stories, manage teams and articulate a vision for design within our enterprise digital experience.
The role will provide leadership over the discipline of Design across web, iOS and Android and collaborate closely with the Director, Product Engineering to develop toolkits and components for the product teams to leverage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead teams of designers building the end to end digital experience for millions of Royal Caribbean guests and crew across all digital touchpoints including native app, web, kiosk, digital signage and beyond.
- Be a champion of design and a steward of process, forging partnerships between disciplines and clearing the runway for design, product and engineering to build & ship world class digital products.
- Maintain the highest bar of quality across platforms and work streams, ensuring excellence in design and usability for everything that gets in the hands of guests, crew and employees.
- Pick up a marker and participate in every step of the design process, from discovery to concepting, testing and delivery.
- Lead the charge on accessibility, because design is for everyone.
- Chase down big ideas, research conceptual features and innovations in the digital space and bring them to product teams to align and implement.
- Help get products and features to the finish line, working closely with agencies and in-house teams to push on design rigor, iterations and process, get alignment across disciplines, and buttoned up for executive reviews and demos.
- Maintain, support and help mature a family of connected pattern libraries, toolkits and styleguides currently in their infancy.
- Experiment with robust prototyping tools to share design thinking and help clarify and align with stakeholders, executives and partners.
- Mentor junior and senior designers, teaching them the subtle ways of the Force and nudging them along towards greatness.
- Minimum 5-7 years in design/UX role(s)
- Degree or certificate in Visual Communication, Design, Human-Centered Engineering, Research, Anthropology or Fine Art preferred, but not mandatory
- Experience managing the quality of design across diverse teams and locations
- Experience with modern product design tools required: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Experience Design or similar
- Experience with basic to robust prototyping tools required: InVision, Marvel, Principle, Framer, Craft or similar
Knowledge and Skills:
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of design and UX craft as well as leadership skills. This role requires that the candidate have a proven track record of leading high quality design projects through complex organizations despite aggressive goals.
- Blurring the lines between UX and UI, you understand form and function as connected disciplines, and can demonstrate both fluidly. You have an eagle eye for visual detail, and you fuss over micro interactions.
- Proven in the digital space with a portfolio including real, shipped digital products from end to end that are well designed in form as well as function, that real people use.
- You are a gifted storyteller, and can bundle up both big ideas and micro interactions into a neat little package, presenting them to stakeholders and senior partners with clarity and vision.
- You create an emotional connection between our brand and our guests by making beautiful and thoughtfully crafted experiences with delightful interactions.
- You get technology and speak digital fluently. You understand how all the pieces fit together in a software development life cycle and how design thinking and systems can help every step of the way.
- You are ambitiously curious, always learning, good enough is never enough, and you drive towards constant, relentless improvement both in the work and yourself.
- You have got next-level charisma and energy, bringing a magnetic attitude, inspiration and enthusiasm to our team and partners. You nurture creative and engineering talent and people actively want to work with you.
- You teach and share naturally, you observe, listen and form perspective and opinions then share them with your community, peers, leaders and juniors.
Join our team as Lead, Digital Product Designer. Once you apply, it willtake you 10-15 mins to complete our application, which will help us betterqualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you willhear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you canview your application status on our career site.
Join us at RoyalCaribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an EqualEmployment Opportunity employer.