Great vacations begin with great employees! Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The Provision Agent is the lifeline between the ships and the supplier. The incumbents primary function is to manage and carry out the purchase order management for food, beverage and hotel items for their assigned vessels. This includes but not limited to the follow up, research and resolution for problematic purchase orders.
- Seeks guidance from Leads and executes the creation of ordering and storing schedules which drives the timely submission of orders and dictates port loadings.
- Trouble shoots issues which may arise with purchase orders which are not in line with original request or non-conforming.
- Follow up with suppliers to obtain ETA on goods and services, and assesses with vessels proper timeline for delivery of products.
- Researches viable solutions to problems such as delays and or missed deliveries, shortages, so that vessel and guests satisfaction are not impacted.
- Inquirers on low cost sourcing when purchasing outside of contracted market.
- Performs cost analysis with Leads assistance, by comparing contracted price vs. local market price when necessary.
- Seeks guidance for issues such as lost or delayed containers, airfreights, which may have financial impact on the business.
- Coordinates alternatives and available resources for emergency situations which may affect guests satisfaction.
- Maintains frequent communication with 3rd party consolidators to ensure timely and accurate deliveries during normal circumstances as well as critical repositioning loadings.
- Responsible for maintaining open order reports in order to capture shortages, in addition trouble shooting for any recoveries necessary.
- Monitors suppliers performance to ensure consistent service, high quality and addresses any deviations with management.
- List the minimum level of education and experience required to perform the work at the entry level of the job.
- A minimum of two years experience in procurement is necessary to perform this job.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with multiple projects and priorities.
- Negotiation and analytical skills a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Join our team as a Agent, Provision . Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.