Dir, Tax Strategy
Director, Tax Strategy
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Responsible for coordinating overall global tax strategy, including specifically corporate tax planning, risk mitigation, design and implementation of tax planning; oversight of global transfer policy, audit examinations by non-US tax authorities (direct and indirect taxes) and forecasting of variance analysis for non US taxes. Although global tax compliance and income tax accounting is overseen by the Director, Global Tax Operations, the Director of Global Tax Strategy is expected to understand strategic tax positions and ensure their correct disclosure on tax returns and provision. Strong understanding of FAS109 required if Director Global Tax Strategy wishes to be considered as potential successor to the department head.
- Advises executive management of the global tax implications of business activities and initiatives as well as tax risks the company faces.
- Advises and designs strategies for transactions, acquisitions and other initiatives to minimize tax risk and maximize global tax efficiency.
- Designs and maintains overall global structure of the Company from a tax perspective including rationalization of global tax structure, cross-border mergers/acquisitions, due diligence, managing withholding tax exposure and tax efficient exit strategy planning.
- Responsible for oversight and monitoring of key tax requirements (e.g., tonnage tax requirements, Section 883 monitoring), ensuring compliance, and designing risk mitigation strategies when required.
- Oversees and manages the documentation of all global tax positions including for FIN 48 purposes.
- Acts as a liaison with outside tax counsel, global tax professionals and directs projects for which such individuals are engaged, including oversight of global transfer pricing policy and documentation.
- Consults and advises regularly with internal departments such as legal, accounting, commercial development and foreign offices on transactions, contracts, business arrangements, etc., being considered by the Company.
- Supports the VP Corporate Tax in preparing updates for Executive Management, Board of Directors and Audit Committee regarding the Company's tax profile and tax risks.
- Oversees local offices in the representation of the Company before foreign tax authorities and negotiates settlements on behalf of the Company.
- Collaborates with Director Global Tax Operations to ensure that tax positions and tax planning strategies are correctly reported on tax returns and global income tax provision.
- Monitors case law and tax legislation, and advises senior management of potential impact any changes may have on the Company.
- 8+ years at a national or international public accounting firm or law firm with specific experience in international taxation, strategic or special projects or 10+ years experience in a senior position in an in-house corporate tax department.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and collaborate in cross functional teams.
- MBA, Master of Science in Taxation or Juris Doctor.
- Certified Public Accountant or Juris Doctor.
- Although global tax provision is overseen by Director, Global Tax Operations, proficiency in FAS109 required to be considered successor to the VP Corporate Tax.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Strong technical research skills.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to make decisions and assess acceptable levels of business risk.
- Ability to effectively communicate with executive management, including the ability to simplify technical jargon.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodical, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to simplify, condense and communicate technical information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Typical PC and software skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, on-line research tools.
- The employee is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Join our team as Director, Tax Strategy. Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 mins to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.