Manager, Innovation Project Management
Manager, Innovation Project Management
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, FL. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Based in Miami, FL and reporting to the AVP, Innovation & Transformation, the Manager, Innovation Project Management will be responsible for providing leadership over facilitating, planning, budgeting, scheduling, coordinating, communicating and driving iterations toward the development of innovation projects, experiences, products and services leveraging emerging technologies, for Royal Caribbean Cruises, LTD and all associated brands (e.g, Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, etc.
The Manager will have demonstrated experience with solutions development, Innovation sprints, R&D projects, or other related multi-disciplinary team projects. The Manager will devise clear solution development, and next step plans that propel solutions through experimentation, testing and refinement based on learning's. You'll keep teams inspired, facilitate work sessions, and support teams in the conceptualization and development of early stage products and services. You'll play a key role in creating and facilitating programs that inspire big ideas, and accelerate the tangible development of those ideas throughout the organization. This leader requires the ability to direct teams that ideate and prototype high quality digital products for our Guests and employees, by both fostering and demonstrating a culture of data-driven and end-user focused product think, design and engineering and innovation.
- Project Management Responsible for planning and organizing all assigned projects; provides links between all related projects through regular communication with interdisciplinary team members; assists in the creation and maintenance of processes for the development and management of ongoing projects.
- Team Management -- Coordinates broad interdisciplinary teams on a project basis, facilitating the solution development process for incremental, breakthrough and radical innovations; ensures that projects keep moving forward; identifies and assists with the resolution of project blockers and works alongside partners/team to help develop and design solutions.
- Scheduling Creates schedules for new projects; estimates length of time to complete specific tasks and projects in general; continually tracks progress of projects, revises schedules accordingly and publishes regular updates; works closely with other teams and/or units to coordinate work; assesses and keeps track of progress of all assigned projects; assesses the impact of all projects on overall schedules, resources, and financial constraints.
- Communication -- Facilitates project team meetings; regularly documents and distributes the progress of projects and teams via meeting notes; creates project status reports based on approved institutional format; regularly shares information about projects with other units as necessary.
- Issue/Opportunity Identification Monitors progress and status of projects and identifies potential issues or opportunities; researches and identifies possible outcomes.
- Project Advocate Advances institutional efforts for sharing information about projects; provides project information for distribution.
- Unit Teamwork & Fun Visible and active member of the Innovation team; advocates the innovation product development process and works toward the further refinement of the development structure.
- Responsible for creating budgets for planned projects; maintains financial records for all assigned projects; keeps track of all innovation project budgets; continually assesses project budgets to keep them within limits; offers recommendations and works with project teams to resolve budgetary issues; creates budget reports.
- Minimum 5 (manager) 7 (sr. manager) years in a digital product dev, project and/or innovation tracking senior leadership role.
- Bachelors degree required, or other relevant advanced degree preferred.
- Significant experience in leading teams/organizations in bringing high quality digital products to market.
- Proven track record of developing solution plans and running idea pilots for results-oriented validation.
- This individual must have superb verbal and visual communication skills to help teams understand how to describe and conceptualize their solutions in ways that further development.
- This individual will be perceived as the authority on solution development and refinement in moving solutions through the innovation pipeline. As such, this individual must understand the highs and lows associated with innovation, and help teams maintain focus in times of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- High-level interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with many kinds of people, a strong project management focus, time management skills, team management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences; familiar with innovation processes and methodologies desirable; working knowledge of typical materials, tools and techniques for innovation structure, systems, and teams.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to grasp the complexities of the business, Guest and employee and effectively translate that into a strategy that drives measurable results.
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.