Engineer, Sr. IT/AV New Build
Engineer, Sr. IT/AV New Build
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, FL. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The IT/AV Senior Engineer as a member of the IT Shared Services team will be the primary IT resource for RCL's NewBuild department with a focus on new collaboration technology and Audio/Visual systems. They will also act as part of the concierge team for the new Innovation Lab having direct interaction with VIPs and assuring peak performance for all technology within the Innovation Lab and NewBuild department. This responsibility will also include some remote international offices.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of all AV and collaboration equipment and systems that are required to provide acceptable service levels for the NewBuild department.
- Leads upgrades and installations of AV and collaboration systems.
- Responsible for completing site surveys, designing solutions based on requirements, estimating, and installing.
- Engineer and install new components within the existing conference room collaboration solutions and incorporate the appropriate audio components and control systems to enable our cross-platform deployment.
- Interoperability between Polycom, Cisco, Skype, Avaya and Crestron technology a plus.
- Responsibility to own and deliver high quality, smooth, and efficient video telepresence, teleconference, and A/V interfaces between Miami and our international site offices, as well as with our shipyards.
- Works closely with the rest of the IT organization on coordinating staffing for events, and meetings requiring additional IT/AV assistance.
- Trains Desktop Services staff members and others in IT on existing and new technology.
- Continues to update documentation of all mentioned systems that are in place as well and any new systems that come online.
- Recommends measures to improve work procedures and employee performance to increase quality of services and job performance.
- Helps establish standards to be maintained across the enterprise environment.
- Responsible for budgeting ongoing maintenance and support of technology.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Certifications: Cisco or similar professional certifications preferred.
- On the Job Experience: 5+ years of experience with AV, telepresence, and collaboration systems.
- Expertise in: Cisco Telepresence, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Acano, WebEx, Spark, Skype for Business.
- Vast knowledge in cisco networking preferred.
- Knowledge of working with complex A/V & Collaboration integrated systems.
- Has the ability to guide the business towards optimal solutions.
- Experience in organizing, planning, executing complex and highly visible projects.
- Experience in identifying opportunities for improvements involving optimization, system design, or development of new processes/policies.
- Experience understanding complex business needs and processes.
- Experience working with multiple technologies and a demonstrated ability to work with business users at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain clear communication channels with various stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills oral, written, listening, presentations.
- Extreme confidence and comfort in dealing with VIPs and C-level executives.
- Must be flexible with our very dynamic environment.
- Is on call 24x7 to handle emergencies or outages as.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.