Specialist, Marine Capital Projects
Specialist, Marine Capital Projects
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Florida. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The function of the Project Specialist is to provide administrative and planning support to the CAR Manager/Project Manager with the management of the Machinery, Electrical and HVAC Investment Program, Dry-docks, or special projects of vessels for all company brands. This includes, but is not limited to, providing assistance with regards to the administration of cabin requests, coordinating vendor logistics, maintaining onboard contractor listings, updating the weekly Microsoft Project Charts, and preparing periodic reports of the activities in each area. It is envisioned that the successful candidate will grow in skill and confidence to later become self-directing in their duties and support of the projects.
- Provide administrative support including creating reports, correspondence, spreadsheets & presentations, compiling and typing statistical reports, coordinating special projects, filing, processing invoices, scheduling appointments, greeting vendors and recording meeting minutes.
- Responsible for all presentation documents required by the department in support of management meetings and status reporting. Will be responsible to distribute drafts and collect information from multiple departments and external suppliers, and to collate and organize this into a clear and meaningful presentation under the guidance of the project manager.
- Responsible for collecting information from multiple individuals involved with the projects both inside and outside of the Company. Will then organize, distribute and follow up on this project reporting and communication documents, such as roles and responsibilities table, project model and GA poster, risk assessment log, contact list, action log, manning build-up schedule for dry dock, logistics and shipping tracking and reporting, lesson's learned log and project review reports.
- Responsible for the weekly project meeting agenda and for minutes of meeting resulting from these meetings. Must request and collate agenda items from multiple persons in the project.
- Coordinates the preparation of periodic meetings (i.e. reproduction of materials, coordination of meeting location and personnel) and establishes the required technical environment for said meetings (i.e. projectors, conference call connectivity, etc.)
- Organizes and maintains all project schedules as related to executive meetings, yard meetings, and other important project meetings and events. Provides assistance in special projects and assignments as directed by the Project Manager.
- Supervises proper use of directory structure for shared electronic filing.
- Reduces volume of paperwork via scanning, filing and/or forwarding as directed.
- A Bachelors degree in Business / Engineering or similar field preferred.
- Cruise industry experience is desired but not required.
- Minimum of Associates degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2-5 years within a large corporation or consulting firm with 1-3 years in an office administration environment is required.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Clear and precise communication at all levels of the organization essential.
- Knowledge of effective communication for providing customer and personal service to internal and external groups, such as shipyards, vendors, customers, Newbuild, Capital Planning, Corporate Planning, Operations, Safety, Security and international site offices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strength in communicating in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret contracts, procedures, financial reports, legal documents, and government regulations.
- Ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, co-workers, customers, vendors, shoreside and shipboard employees.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required. Familiarity with email and internet applications.
Join our team as a Specialist, Marine Capital Projects. Once you apply, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.